6.13.2006

My name in print!



I am really pretty excited about this fresh-from-the-presses
textbook. My boss is one of the editors, and she and I worked on this darn book for ages, it seemed like. My job consisted of editing, fitting large galley proofs into fed-ex envelopes and shipping back to the publisher and typing up references. (I get stuck doing that a lot-- why do I always have to type up the references? Oh, yeah, that's my job.) BUT, the payoff is that my name is on the Acknowledgment page. My name is spelled correctly and everything!! I know it isn't much, really, but it does give fodder to that wish inside me to write something of my own...

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Congrats! There's always something fulfilling about seeing one's name in print... that's the hazard of my current job. Lots of writing seen around the country... but with no credit to the wordsmiths.

We should get to work on our theory book!