I know it is not kind to make fun of students, so I will not pass judgement on this blog. I will simply give you a paragraph (verbatim) from an essay that was about the treatment of women, particularly Curley's wife, in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.
"The Treatment women receive today is not right. Gender is one thing that people are much depicted and many people actually do feel sorry, but no one is their boss other then the person, who is sexist. Women and Men can do the same job and the guy will still make more pay. The way women are depicted in the book is a very good comparison with the real world nowadays. I myself am a male but I do not feel I am better then women there are millions of women who are better then almost all the men in the world. Race and gender will always be a factor of life until we have another movement and put an end to all the bad things going on in the world. Women nowadays aren't nearly as depicted but it still does exist and will forever."
Luckily, this essay was a final exam, so I did not have to comment on it. I'm not sure where I would start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
At least his heart was in the right place?
You gotta love the freedom of being able to just read and laugh/cry/pull your hair out without having to actually respond!
It makes sense to apologize for all that depiction.
Post a Comment