5.19.2007

Maybe this year was worth it

So, I'm about four weeks short of earning my teaching credential. This program has kicked my ass all over the place, but it almost done. I am counting the days.

But the really GREAT news is that I was offered a real JOB this week teaching ninth grade English at a charter school in the next town for the 2007-2008 school year. I'm incredibly excited. I think it will be a good match: small school (approx 450 students), dedicated teachers, motivated students. It seems to bridge my private school inclinations with public schools.

I'm eager to know the cirriculum. I do know that I will get to teach Romeo and Juliet and To Kill a Mockingbird--and probably lots of fun stuff like grammar!!

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Awesome — congratulations, Mollie!

[And, please, add some Melville to the curriculum, if you can... maybe start the off light with Billybudd? Perhaps a little Bartleby?]

michele said...

Congrats! Hang in there for the last haul on the credentials - and know I'm rooting for you!