
Yesterday, Chris and I visited a museum in Sacramento called the Crocker Art Museum http://www.crockerartmuseum.org/index.htm One of its current exhibits, Artists At Continent's End: The Monterey Peninsula Art Colony, 1875-1907, was quite good. I wasn't aware that there was a Monterey Peninsula Art Colony, but apparently there were many famous painters who contributed to the movement. The display in the museum was impressive. From what we've seen on the CA coast, I totally understand the artist's desire to reproduce its beauty. The painting above is at the exhibit and is representative of the collection. Most of them had either cypress trees or a sunset or the ocean in them. Needless to say, this makes us want to go to Monterey!


1 comment:
I know I shouldn't admit to liking this film, but this painting reminds of those used in What Dreams May Come. Certainly a place I'd like to visit...
Post a Comment